Conroe Criminal Defense Law Firm
Defense Lawyers in Montgomery County and Beyond
When someone is charged with a crime, they have the right to an attorney. To give their defense a reasonable chance to succeed, defendants need to be confident that they have a lawyer who is truly committed to their case, who understands how to navigate the system, and who has a deep understanding of the law. Our Conroe criminal defense lawyers provide defendants with just this kind of defense.
The Law Office of Jeremy S. Dishongh, PLLC has been fighting for defendants in both the English and Spanish-speaking communities since 2005 and we have built a strong record of success. Call (936) 233-6548 or contact us online.
How the Legal System Can Work for You
There’s no denying the challenges that defendants face. The full weight of the District Attorney’s office may be pressing down upon them. Everyone from their neighbors to their friends, and maybe even their family, might have rushed to judgment and presumed guilt. It can feel like the world is against you, and in many ways it is. JD Law is here to level the playing field.
This starts with simply knowing how the legal system works and understanding that its rules are actually designed to favor the defendant. Consider the following:
- It’s the prosecution who must prove their case. As a defendant, you don’t have to prove anything. It’s the job of the D.A. to show guilt. As defense lawyers, we can leverage that by finding ways to cast doubt on the prosecution’s case.
- The prosecution not only has to prove guilt, but that proof must be beyond a reasonable doubt. Simply put, their proof must be so obvious that no other reasonable explanation is plausible. The attorneys and staff at JD Law are always looking for ways to demonstrate that the prosecution’s case may not be what it appears—and we remind the jury that any doubt in their minds at all obligates them to acquit.
- A jury verdict of guilty must be a unanimous vote among 12 people. The extensive courtroom experience our lawyers have has given them the skill of persuading a jury. It’s about finding the people on that jury who are sympathetic to the defendant and tailoring arguments that will persuade them to acquit. Careful observation and preparation, buttressed by years of experience, help us do this.
Our Practice Areas
JD Law routinely works with clients on allegations that include the following:
- DWI: A charge of driving while intoxicated brings down a host of negative consequences. What many people don’t realize is how many realistic ways there are to contest these charges. We know how to investigate DWI cases, from challenging the stop to challenging the test results themselves.
- Domestic Violence: There’s no denying how awful crimes of domestic violence are. There’s also no denying how awful it is for someone to be wrongly accused of these crimes and misunderstood. Defendants need a lawyer who will listen to their side of the story. We will.
- Drug Crimes: Whether it’s possession, distribution, or manufacturing, a drug allegation is likely to be a felony charge, even for first offenders. Convictions do lasting damage to one’s record and reputation. We’re here to help you fight the charges. We’ll examine the investigative tactics of law enforcement, review all the evidence, conduct our own investigation, and then make a good plan for your defense.
- Misdemeanors: Even if criminal charges aren’t felonies, they can still result in jail time, in addition to the stiff fines that often accompany conviction. Misdemeanor convictions mar your record and can make charges on any subsequent allegations even more serious.
- Traffic Tickets: Don’t just let traffic tickets slide if you believe you were wronged. The fine assessed is just the start of the costs that are coming. Your insurance rates will almost surely spike, and perhaps even be dropped altogether. Let us investigate and see if we can help.
- Violent Crimes: A conviction for violent criminal offenses may result in a long prison sentence. Circumstances, such as whether a firearm was involved, could lead to even stiffer penalties. Defendants need a lawyer who is experienced with these types of cases in particular. The Conroe criminal defense law firm of JD Law can help.
Protecting Your Immigration Status
Immigrants to the United States are uniquely vulnerable to criminal charges. Convictions can result in losing their ability to work and may subject them to deportation. They need a lawyer who will stand up for them and their rights. We’re proud to do just that at JD Law.
Call our office today at (936) 233-6548 to schedule an initial consultation. We serve all of Montgomery County and beyond.